Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm injured +_x

Hi

This is Kenneth reporting that he's currently on crutches and has just undergone one wisdom tooth extraction.
On Monday I fell while riding motorcycle.
We were practicing, and clocking mileage. We are supposed to ride at least 1000km before we are qualified to ride overseas. And we intend to ride overseas in a couple of months time.
We were riding around Maju Camp's 1km route say 40 times? And theres a part near warehouses where theres relatively big empty spaces to ride, maneuver.
And so foolish Kenneth decided to - this was partly for confidence and skill training and partly for fun - do some figure of 8's in the empty space. I think I was at 20-25km/h speed. Sharp turns. And unfortunately for some reason (I'm thinking my wheel was on a metal drain - less friction - at the sharpest point of a turn and I think I felt some bump) my front wheel lost its grip on the ground for a sec or so and a reflex action made me turn the bike the other way and I was able to recover balance for a while (I was trained to ride in cross country terrain) but my bike was jerky and it fell the other side. I dunno what hit what but I knew my right foot was pain. I suppose the bike slammed on my foot. The middle portion top part of my foot. I was wearing boots. But no ankle protection whatsoever. My right mirror was cracked into half. I got up after a short pause and continued riding. After one 1km we stopped riding. In two hours time I couldn't walk. I hopped or was piggy backed everywhere. You can ask Gabriel Sim, he saw me.
I went to NUH A&E at night and thankfully the X-ray showed no signs of fracture.
I was expecting a minor fracture. The pain was constantly there. I couldnt move my foot much.

The next morning I went for wisdom tooth extraction. A bit scary at first. With a somewhat stressed mood from my leg pain, I lay down at the operating bed and my body was covered with some sort of covering and my face was covered. Only my nose and mouth exposed and there was quite a bright light. Then the doctor said, "Ok its starting".
Whats starting? Felt like I was on a death bed for a moment.
But, it was ok. I'm an army boy man. Infantry Scout. Turn check "bang" check "Pain is glory" used to be what we said when we were "kelua barised". (you prolly dont understand but nvm)

A few weeks ago I went to a 2.5 day medic course. They showed us some gross pictures of people. People still alive without a nose or mouth. People with their arms ripped off and the armpit and lung area exposed. Someone who had one side of his face's flesh ripped off my the road in some motorbike accident. Sry for being explicit.
And I knew I was going to start riding motorcycle the next week. I had not ridden motorcycle for more than half a year. I dreamt that I lost balance while riding bike. Just a faint dream. But it came true. Thank God it wasn't serious.

Kenneth!

No comments:

Post a Comment