Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hello!

Hi Oriole.

First thing I want to say is: Whoaa Esther you're fast (at getting the blog started).
I think I was the one who made the first move - by inspiring Esther to start it. Haha.
And I did it because I always wanted to have a Cell group blog just as I did back in my previous cell OAK. We had A LOT of posts. We did bond through them. It was a great source of much needed catharsis for me. Yeah :)

Okay, I am stumped by my undecidedness on how I should continue (what I should now write about). Not that I don't have much to write, maybe its just the opposite.

Well, I'm Kenneth, 19, the oldest in Oriole other than Ivan and Claudia. And oh yes I wish I was younger, a bit younger. I took A Levels last year and started serving NS in Feb and am going to serve for about a year more. I realise three of you in Oriole are going to take O Levels next year. Keri, Esther and Yew Gin. No more right? Maybe I could try teaching Physics or Math. (I'll need a "refresher course" for A math though) I never taught before but I want to try. And next year won't be as busy (and horrific) as this year in Army for me so I may have some time.

I forgot what Christmas season was like with JYM. I wasn't expecting much. So it was a slight suprise for me. The hustle and bustle of Christmas was enjoyable and satisfying, even though I did not go out very much - I guess due to Army - compared to other JYMers.

Much has happened in the recent weeks with regards to my walk with God. Good things. :) I think and hope that this year's (2010) JYM camp will be a significant turning point in my Christian journey.
I shan't share it now. Its too much. And its too serious and heavy-going to write in my first post.

This verse(s) of scripture seems to be what God is mainly teaching me my whole four years of Christian life.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5-6

May we have a good year ahead Oriole!

Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment