Friday, January 21, 2011

A Close Shave!

Wow I almost thought I was going to get charged. (as in for a "Crime")
Charged for helping other sergeants' do area cleaning in their bunk without permission. Coz someone lost his $90+ jeans. And he just called me about 30mins ago and was raving mad at me. I just booked out at 4+, reached home 5+, and have to book back in by 11pm today for Guard duty tomorrow. That Sergeant (higher power than me, militarily) demanded that I go back to army camp and find his jeans by 7.30pm. He was in Smart 4 attire (greenish army uniform) and desperately looking for his civilian clothing to change to, and book out of army camp.
I didnt take his jeans...
My Sergeant Major was there this afternoon to inspect on area cleaning before we could book out and his standard is high. If we fail his expectation, we book out later. He can make us stay till at least 9pm when the original book out timing was 2pm. Many people werent at the army camp, some on course, on operation, off. So after we failed the inspection the first time I decided to look through all the bunks. I dunno why but I had the drive to. So I went it more than almost 15 bunks arranging everything nicely as they ought to be while most people were just slacking at their beds...
Its a bit weird for me to have done that, coz its like I go in a bunk and see an officer's stuff and arrange things for him. I go into my sergeant's bunk when my sergeants are inside and touch their stuff (help them arrange footwear, blanket, pillow...
While others were whining at later book out, I didnt. I didn't really feel the sianness of it.
I dont want to be proud of that. I just want to thank God he gave me the motivation to help others, the company.
So someone's jeans was missing and he blamed me for it because I couldnt name anyone else who entered the bunk.
I also thank God that I was suprisingly calm about it. Instead of getting angry with that worked up guy, I felt for him... Its like, loving your enemies can become quite easy, if you dont see them as enemies...

I almost took a Cab down to my army camp - its Maju Camp. Not only out of fear (although a sergeant wouldnt have the power to make me book in to camp like this, if I was accused for theft it may have become a big thing because there is theft constantly going on in my company and Sgt Major is treating it seriously), but also for compassion for the guy. (I hope Im not being proud of this...)
I tried calling people for help. But many people didnt pick up their phone. My handphone batt was going to go flat any moment. And then my COS called to say that the jeans had been found, hidden in someone else's bed pillow or blanket. Dont know who did it. Roughly 1-2 minutes later, my phone died. If my phone died earlier...
Isn't this like a God-thing?
First time I felt God was using me in a long time. Cool.

God is sovereign (in complete control) over everything. The good will be rewarded, the bad will be punished.

Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment