Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ivan's January

How's everyone doing in school? :) Hope everyone is settling into your year well!

My January is moving rather slowly. Applied to two ministries (those who didn't ask for my resume heh) and got one response, from MFA. They want me to go for their first round of selection on January 17th, so aye. Just prepping myself for that by reading up on all my Singaporean foreign policy stuff.

HOWEVER, they are supposed to let me know exact details to my newly created gmail account (since my hotmail ain't appropriate for job applications). But gmail seriously confused me - sometimes it indicates my email account as ivanirwinchan@gmail.com, and some others as ivan.irwin.chan@gmail.com. So I got worried sick that the MFA email didn't get through cos I gave them the wrong address.

So anyway, I just sent two emails to my gmail, testing each one, and I've come to the startling conclusion that the DOTS DON'T MATTER AT ALL!

[by the way, my hotmail is still my primary so DON'T send stuff to my gmail thanks]

Just hope they reply me soon... and the folk at MINDEF too. In the meantime it's probably time to finally do up that resume and expand my job hunt.

On the flip side, it means more time for serving God now, and my time in Oriole is most definitely extended.

***

Anyway shoutouts to Oriole:

Kenneth - regarding humility. i think the thing about being humble is just to not consider yourself or your needs at all. one does not stop being proud by thinking, "oh, I must be humble". Humility is best learnt or demonstrated in a relationship, by putting that person - or God - above yourself and your wants, rights, etc. good for all of us to reflect on. :)

Claud - AY!

Keri - it was very natural for me to have that mentality... so anxious to be better than others in class. in that sense being in RI was both good and bad; bad that i absorbed that kinda competitiveness from everyone, but good that I got humbled in learning there are a LOT of people smarter than me. :D

by the way. good to see you are enjoying your PE lessons in MGS.

Sharlene - shouldn't "fudgie" be used for a brown hamster? shouldn't this guy be like "vanilla swirly" or something? hope school's better, and good job on that Chinese B3. That's a good result, to me. Haha

Esther - how are things with the form teacher now? hope things will pan out for a blessed sec 4 year ahead... with a mission trip inside, maybe. If God wills!

Deborah - you didn't study or listen AT ALL last year? colour me surprised. hope your throat is better!

Eunice - once you have time after finishing work you should blog on the journey God has taken you in your Os! Congrats again, by the way. :)

Tim - hope it's ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Yew Gin - don't play so much Sudden Attack hor. got to balance the studies and the gaming well this year.

Hannah and Geoff - how's secondary school life! first secondary school test usually much harder than primary school hor. watch out for it. my math plummeted from 90+ in P6 down to 54 for my 1st sec1 test. shocked my mum, i still remember.

Meena - hope you're doing well and can come this week! haven't seen you the whole of 2011!

Joshua - och aye we haven't forgotten you mae laddae. hope you're not freezing to death in scotland. and if you can update us on how you're doing through this blog that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment